Great Lakes Pond Hockey Classic
January 25 – 27, 2013
Divisions: Open, Over 40, Women
- Team Entry Fee is $350 for the Open Division and $250 for the Senior and Womens Divisions. Entire Team Entry Fee must be paid at time of registration.
- Host Hotel will be the Barkers Island Inn, 300 Marina Drive, Superior, WI 54880, (715) 392-7152.
- All tournament participants receive a Great Lakes Classic commemorative gift.
- Jerseys will be awarded to the Championship teams for the Open division. Plaques will be awarded to the winners of the Senior and Women’s Divisions
- All players must be at least 18 years of age by the start date of the tournament (01/25/13). Also, please see age requirements for specific divisions. A picture ID will be required at check-in and could be checked throughout the event.
- Each team in the Senior and Women’s Divisions are guaranteed three games during round robin play. Open Division will be guaranteed five (5) round robin games. Teams can expect one or two game(s) Friday and one to three on Saturday. Games will begin on Friday, January 25th at approximately 6:00pm. Please make travel plans accordingly; no schedule requests will be accepted.
- ENTRY IS FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED! Final rosters are due by Jan 13th, 2013.
- This tournament is a 4 on 4 round robin event. Rink dimensions are approximately 140’ X 70’.
- Each team will play three to five round robin games within their division.
- Teams receive: Regulation Win = 3 pts, Overtime Win = 2 pts, Overtime Loss = 1 pt, Regulation Loss = 0 pts.
- Each division will have a championship game and semi-finals* if necessary (*eight teams or more in a division).
- All games are 30 minutes in length consisting of two 15 minute run time halves with a 2 minute warm-up before each game.
- Round robin games that end in a tie will result in a 3-minute run time overtime period. The team that scores the most goals during that period wins. If still tied, there will be an additional sudden-death overtime where the first team to score wins.
- Playoff round games (quarter-final, semi-final and championships) that end in a tie will be decided by a 5-minute run time overtime period. The team that scores the most goals during that time will be the winner. If still tied, 5-minute run time periods will continue, where the team that scores the most goals during that period wins; until a winner is determined with one minute breaks in between each period.
- A minimum of four teams is required to run a division. The maximum number of teams per division will be determined by the number of teams entered in the overall event.
Official Pond Hockey Tournament Website: http://superior.pucksystems2.com
Please note that Pond hockey tournament details are subject to change. Always visit the official hockey tournament website for the most up to date tournament information.